Back Flip Aerial Yoga Tutorial
The benefits of back flips in aerial yoga are overcoming fear, improved core strength, and of course, feeling like a rock star!
Caution: If it is your first time attempting a back flip, please use a spot. If you haven’t developed the hand strength this pose requires, you could slip out of the fabric.
BUY YOUR OWN AERIAL YOGA HAMMOCK HERE!
- Stand up, straight, with the hammock hanging right behind you.
- Bring your arms through the middle of the fabric and wrapping your arms once.
- Grab tightly onto the fabric so that your finger wrap the outer part of the fabric.
- Bend your knees and jump up, driving the knees into the chest.
- Once you jump as high as you can, look up and back and your lower body will naturally move over your head.
- Don’t forget to land softly. To do this, keep your core as tight as possible and squeeze your elbows into your body.
- Please! Don’t forget to grab a spotter to be there, underneath you if you fall. It is not worth it to get hurt in this pose!
- HAVE FUN!
This is how you do a back flip in aerial yoga. It is one of my favorite poses to do with the aerial yoga hammock! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do! Comment below with your experience!
If you are scared of this pose, remember, choosing love over fear will always benefit your own happiness. You can do it if you believe you can!
Love & Peace,