9 Yoga Poses for a BIG BOOTY!
Caution: This sequence contains intermediate and advanced moves!
This sequence is great for doing outdoors or at home! It will get that yoga booty burning and you can do it as many times as you’d like! Follow it with some sprints and you’ll have yourself a full body strength training and cardio workout!
Always WARM UP! Go for a 10 minute jog or start with a couple sun salutations from this sequence: “Sun Salutations for Energy in the Morning”
- Table Top Kick Back: Start in a table top position, hands planted underneath the shoulders and knees under the hips. Lift opposite hand with opposite leg, inhale, while you reach front and back. Exhale, pull your elbow and knee right underneath your core. Keep your foot flexed and fingers engaged. 10X each side.
- Downward Dog Leg Lifts: Start in a plank and lift your hips to the sky. Reach your heart to the earth, relax your head and neck. Inhale, reach your leg to the sky, exhale tap your foot to the floor. Repeat 10X each side.
- Crescent Lunge to Forward Reach: Look between your hands, bend your knees and reach one leg right in between the hands, while you stay on the ball of the back foot. Hips are square, and in 2 separate lanes on your mat. Inhale, reach your arms to the sky, right beside the ears. Keep your shoulder blades pulled down. Exhale reach forward. Repeat 10X each side.
- Warrior 3: On your last forward reach, bring the weight into the front foot, squeeze your thighs together and kick your back foot to the sky. Hips should be square, toes facing down. Reach the arms, look down and balance for 5-10 breaths each side!
- Half Moon: From warrior 3, reach your fingertips to the floor, open your hips so one foot opens up pointing to the side. Squeeze the booty, flex the foot, gaze to the floor, catch your balance and then extend the top arm to the sky. Breath 5-10 breaths each side!
- Goddess Squat: From half moon, bend the bottom leg, push off the front hand and plant your back foot to the earth. Bring your feet further than hip distance in a wide angle stance. Let your toes point out, inhale reach the arms to the sky. On your exhale, sink down, bend the elbows and come into a goddess squat. Repeat 10x. Come onto to the toes for more of a challenge!
- Standing Splits: From goddess pose, forward fold and lift one leg to the sky. Let the hands grace the floor or grab the ankle for more of a stretch. Squeeze the booty for 5-10 breaths each side.
- Chair Pose Squats: Inhale, reach to the sky and stand up then exhale and squat down. Tuck the tailbone and pull the shoulders blades away from the ears. Repeat 10X.
- Wheel Leg Lifts: If wheel pose is in your practice, you can start from standing or lying down. If you are lying down on your back, bring your hands, palms down, next to the ears and feet hip width distance right below the booty with bent knees. Inhale, take a breath, exhale, push up into a wheel pose. Inhale, reach your leg to the sky, exhale, lower. Repeat 10X each side!
Thanks for joining me in the Sexy Transformation Challenge, my e-book that takes you through a 28 day mind, body, spirit bootcamp! You can purchase HERE.
Check out more blogs, videos and resources for being your sexiest self on my facebook page: www.Facebook.com/MargiePargieTV