10 Benefits of Aerial Yoga
Not only is aerial yoga a great workout, it is a great place to meditate, play with your inner child and relax into some really great assisted stretches. Aerial yoga is amazing for beginners, as well as workout junkies who want to step up their game and practice assisted tricks, build core strength, find space in the spine and get a full body workout. The benefits are endless when it comes to aerial yoga because it truly is a mind, body and spirit workout.
BUY YOUR OWN AERIAL YOGA HAMMOCK HERE!
- Opens the heart – Of course, we all want more love in our life! When doing heart openers in aerial yoga, you are able to get deeper into the stretches with the assistance of gravity. So often, we are fighting gravity in life, but aerial yoga puts us into positions to use gravity to our advantage.
- Lengthens the spine – Who wants to feel taller? The structure of the hammock allows anyone, beginner or advanced to invert in their very first class. No upper body strength required. This gives the student a chance to unwind their spine and make space between the vertebrae.
- Cleanses the lymphatic system – When we hang upside down, we are cleansing the lymphatic system. It takes pressure off of the joints and jumpstarts circulation in the body. The muscles with any toxins built up are flooded with blood and oxygen, clearing out old junk. This also moves chi energy to the spine, healing tension & will actually make you feel taller!
- Sacred space for meditation – The hammock is such a great place for turning inward, finding quiet time and reflection. When inside the hammock, it feels like a womb or a cocoon. It gives you a sense of safety and with a little imagination, you can feel like you are being reborn. You will feel right at home in a class, because you have your own sacred space.
- Core strength – And who doesn’t want a flat tummy? By doing yoga postures, like chaturanga, with the feet suspended, you get much more of a core workout. There are also ways to get way more workout bang for your buck, like doing inverted sit-ups or back flips!
- Deeper flexibility – By using the aerial yoga hammock to suspend your front foot in the fabric, you are able to drop deeper into postures like splits, shoulder openers and backbends. Gravity really comes in handy to find space in the body.
- Assisted tricks – If you’ve always wanted to do a back flip, you are in luck. With the assistance of holding onto the hammock, you can do flips, tricks, and arm balances with a fraction of the strength you would need to do them without the hammock. If you are strong and want to take your workout to the next level, think of the hammock as if it were your own personal spot. (Of course, make sure you have had proper guidance and a spot before attempting on your own.)
- Channels your inner child – It’s like an adult swing! Who loved swinging on the swings when they were younger? Who says we have to stop being playful? Jump on and swing back and forth, tell me you don’t feel younger in a matter of minutes.
- Sexy legs – Aerial yoga will give you some seriously sexy legs! If you can suspend the back leg in the hammock doing lunges, you will get an ever stronger workout than regular lunges and a good stretch in the hip flexors at the same time.
- Handstands – Who needs a wall when you have a hammock? The aerial yoga hammock acts as an assistant in building strength to rock that handstand! Practice your handstand with the hammock locked into your hips in an inversion or hook one foot into the hammock in a pike position to work on free standing handstands!
These are my main reasons for practicing aerial yoga everyday! I also changed my career to become an aerial yoga teacher because it transformed my way of working out! If you want to join one of my classes, go to MargiePargie.com/schedule.
Need a hammock for your home or studio? BUY YOUR OWN AERIAL YOGA HAMMOCK HERE!
Peace & Love,